Missing Baits - Help!

Hi Willowflat, thanks for more ideas and yes a break will be good and as you say more tinkering needed and I have lots of new things to try.

I find the Trapinator bite bar pretty easy to drill, I will attached pics using a broken trap waiting to be repaired. The bite bar has holes in already, I enlarge one with a 3.5mm drill bit, then insert an 8gx25mm (20mm better) s/s screw. Make sure they have the thread all the way to the top of the screw, technically a machine screw I think. Then attach bait. I find it doesn’t interfere if you want to use a soft bait like possum dough. Cheers
Trap 1
Trap 2
Trap 3
Trap 4

Thanks for the pics. I’ll give that a go.

Have rodents eaten your dried apricots? I thought they’d be a hit, but they’ve been ignored.

I’m hoping to trap a cat in a Trapinator, so the screw should be great for attaching bait. I trap some large brown rats, so I might even trap one of them. Hell, I trapped one in a Timms 3 weeks ago!

If you use cinnamon, rodents might leave your bait alone completely. A coating on the PB might reduce the rate at which the mice eat it. It seems to slow down the rate of mold-growth when I use it, too.

I haven’t used apricots yet for the possums, I put screws in quite a few to fix meat in for cat trapping, a lot of possums caught get predated by cats so I thought it was a good idea. However I didn’t trap anything in them despite catching cats in other traps. Cheers