#8 wire DOC200 safety clip

Hi, hive mind! I have seen Phil Waddington demonstrating the use of a small metal clip over the kill bar and upright in a DOC200 to make the trap safe to clean, adjust etc. I can only find nylon strap arrangements on the Connovation site and a google search turns up nothing else. Anyone got a link or a hot tip for me? Thanks!

EFF16190-5B18-48B2-A92E-CD80AB63DA33

You can make one out of No.8 wire. Easy peasy.

2 Likes

Hi VJ
I bought my doc200 from CMI Springs in AK. comes without box but plans to build one. Is supplied with clip. I use the clip for safety reasons but if you use upward pressure on the underside of the trigger plate when the trap is set it will not trip.

1 Like

I’m sure I bought some from traps.co.nz a few years ago. I made an enquiry with them to see if they had them as they’re not listed on their website.

1 Like

Slide your screwdriver through the pull up handle between the back of the trap and the side of the box

2 Likes

agree with this advice (screwdriver) - I actually think this is safer than the clip, even

1 Like

If you do make/acquire one (or more)I suggest painting it a bright colour as it makes it easier to find when you drop it!

3 Likes

I just tie a bit of fluoro pink flagging tape to mine. Also helps remind me to take it off the trap before I close the box!

1 Like

You can buy a 5 pack for $3 from Trapinator - https://www.trapinator.com/store/5-x-Doc250-Safety-Clips-p231407699

1 Like

I have these metal safety clips is stock.
DOC200 and DOC250 safety clips.
I haven’t yet added this section to my web site, TRAP PARTS:
I also have parts for Flipping Timmy, Possum Master, Sentinel, Kness Rat Traps, Victor Pro yellow paddles, plastic pegs for Philproof Bait Stations.

1 Like