#8 wire DOC200 safety clip

Hi, hive mind! I have seen Phil Waddington demonstrating the use of a small metal clip over the kill bar and upright in a DOC200 to make the trap safe to clean, adjust etc. I can only find nylon strap arrangements on the Connovation site and a google search turns up nothing else. Anyone got a link or a hot tip for me? Thanks!

EFF16190-5B18-48B2-A92E-CD80AB63DA33

You can make one out of No.8 wire. Easy peasy.

2 Likes

Hi VJ
I bought my doc200 from CMI Springs in AK. comes without box but plans to build one. Is supplied with clip. I use the clip for safety reasons but if you use upward pressure on the underside of the trigger plate when the trap is set it will not trip.

1 Like

I’m sure I bought some from traps.co.nz a few years ago. I made an enquiry with them to see if they had them as they’re not listed on their website.

1 Like

Slide your screwdriver through the pull up handle between the back of the trap and the side of the box

3 Likes

agree with this advice (screwdriver) - I actually think this is safer than the clip, even

1 Like

If you do make/acquire one (or more)I suggest painting it a bright colour as it makes it easier to find when you drop it!

3 Likes

I just tie a bit of fluoro pink flagging tape to mine. Also helps remind me to take it off the trap before I close the box!

3 Likes

You can buy a 5 pack for $3 from Trapinator - https://www.trapinator.com/store/5-x-Doc250-Safety-Clips-p231407699

1 Like

I have these metal safety clips is stock.
DOC200 and DOC250 safety clips.
I haven’t yet added this section to my web site, TRAP PARTS:
I also have parts for Flipping Timmy, Possum Master, Sentinel, Kness Rat Traps, Victor Pro yellow paddles, plastic pegs for Philproof Bait Stations.

1 Like

Hi, I have made clips from # 8wire. It is important to get an acute angle when you bend wire, not a " lazy " bend as it can ping off when trap triggered.
I learned to look away when triggering trap in case it pinged off. If a sharp angle is created , not a problem.
When you get a number of traps they usually give you the safety staple.
I like to use the clip over the screwdriver technique as it checks the triggering action of the trap. We have a number of older traps.
You also have to remember to remove it and reset the trap.
A bit of a nuisance when you arrive at the next trap to realize the clip is still on the previous trap

What is your web site. TRying to find these things with Google is rediculous.

I have a lot of traps parts.
DOC200 and DOC250 Safety Clips.
www.deadrat.co.nz

I now have added these to my website.
I have the DOC200/DOC150 safety clip.
Also the DOC250 safety clip.

I have parts for Possum Master, Trapinator, Sentinel, Flipping Timmy and more.