Adding BT220 Trap Type

Hello,

Would it be possible to add the BT 200 to the Trap type list?

Ngā mihi,
Jack

Kia ora Jack,

Are you wanting to add a BT 200 or a BT220, or both, to the trap type list?

Ngā mihi,
The Trap.NZ Team

Apologies - getting myself muddled. Adding the BT 200 trap.

Ngā mihi,
Jack

No worries! We’ve added the BT 200 trap for you :slight_smile:

Ngā mihi,
The Trap.NZ Team

Aweseome. Thank you very much.

This is a DoC200 clone, any reason for not just recording it as a DoC200?

1 Like

Yeah, I suppose it could be just put down as a DOC200. I was thinking the trap type was the model name for the trap rather than the design of the trap. I thought it may be interesting to see where people are using “real” DOC200s and where people are using BT200s, but if the standard is just to put it down as a DOC200…

It’s a fair thought and we discussed it internally too. Someone will correct me but I think the bigger variables will be box style (run through, double set, single set), tuning, maintenance schedule, placement, lure type, etc. The differences in manufacture I would think/hope won’t warrant the confusion in the reporting two types.

Yeah, I agree. There are also probably a lot of BT 200s down as DOC200 already anyways.

On those big variables, I agree with you as well. There is also placement of the lure, and use and placement of pre-feed, which could be really interesting data. Are they things that you are thinking of adding?

Good arguments here but yeah I agree we should just stick with DOC200 for reporting sake.