Allow multiple baits to be recorded against a trap

“It still isn’t possible to list multiple bait types for a single trap. We often use cocktails (Erayze, long-life lures, golf or ping pong balls, walnut) with our DOC 200s, but only one can be listed in the trap details. With our A12s we use both Goodnature possum lure and a flour/icing sugar/aromatic oil mix. Would be great if we could select multiple baits from the menu.”

Bumping to improve visibility (and to comply with 20 character minimum)…

2 Likes

And there is the double trap rat / mouse tunnel with an egg, peanut butter and entrails of bunny… (my bump to keep this alive)

1 Like

Yes can we please have this added into TrapNZ? Multiple lures for each trap would save so much time! When reviewing data currently, if we can only select one lure, we don’t actually know which lure combination has had optimum results. It can be frustrating for trappers, when they have to input every single lure type into notes knowing that this information cannot be refined later and it also takes longer to do it this way. Simply creating multiple lures for each trap would save so much time and actually be useful information!

1 Like

I would really like to able to select multiple baits. When is this likely to happen?

2 Likes

The original post was over a year ago now. But this feature still hasn’t been added in. Giving it another bump, so that it isn’t lost.

1 Like

Bumping this feature once again. Been on here since Oct 2019 and would really love multiple lures to be selected for traps on the app e.g. being able to choose the standard whole egg and rabbit meat for DOC200’s would be great.

Hi @emma.whitton - Thanks! I can confirm that this hasn’t fallen off the radar and this function is in fact scheduled to be added in June this year. The plan is for admins to be able to set their own bait types for a project (from a recommended list), and that multiple baits and lures can be selected for traps.

Dan

2 Likes

Hi Dan, that is awesome news! Thanks for letting me know.

I agree! Will simplify the data entry!