I have set up several bait stations and noticed that the bait stations are filled with slug/snail trails and several of the baits look to have been ‘dissolved’ rather than been eaten by a rat. If snails/slugs do eat the bait, any advice what i can do to stop it?
Pluse your baits, don’t leave them in so long, pre feed first, continually move the bait stations. Insects such as slugs, cockroaches, ants and others will also become toxic to others if you are using 2nd generation baits. Hygiene of bait stations is important otherwise pests will become poison shy.
Try Tui Quash slug/snail pellets to create a halo of no slugs near or in your trap. This will show results within 5-7 days and the material isn’t a normal poison, so it’s better for birds nearby. They don’t seem to be interested in it, nor are rats and mice. We found it stops predation of our peanut butter baits anyway, saves it for the real pests.