Bait on New Trap Installations

When installing a new trap there needs to be the ability to add bait, otherwise a new record has to be made just for adding bait to the trap.

Good call. Under the hood it is adding an initial record, but it could certainly be streamlined.

Like subject (at a stretch…

When updating traps/catches why is you need to untick None (The default). It would be helpful if another bait type ticked could override/reset the default.

Also, I never received or I’m not aware that I did… A reply regards the limited display of some fields, eg. Trap status.
Note, I use an Android tablet for inputting data.

Thanks.

Martin

Kia ora Martin,

Where are you having to untick None when updating traps/catches?

I sent an email to you on 29/09/21 re: limited display of some fields, would you like me to re-send it? Are you still experiencing an issue there?

Ngā mihi,
The Trap.NZ Team

Hi Sarah
Regards the bait type issue. Go to Traps/Add catches/Apply (date)/Rebaited With. None is the default setting that you must overwrite (versus selecting any bait type and None then being removed automatically.

And the field size issue remains so, if you would resend your earlier message, plse.

Thanks.

Martin

Kia ora Martin,

I think I see what you mean on the Add Catches page. The bait field is confusing as it’s not sorted correctly - it is mostly alphabetical, but then there are some random ones at the bottom of the list, including the option to select “None”.

I’ve forwarded you the email from September.

Ngā mihi,
The Trap.NZ Team