Bait station bait removal check not possible on App

Hi there, when doing bait operations, we occasionally remove any leftover bait after a time period or want to record uptake e.g. 100% after two weeks without adding new bait to the station. However, when using the app, it will not let me save a record for this as the fields for Bait type added is a required field so it will not let me save the record without “adding” anything new to the station. I did manage to do this via the website through the add bait station records page but was wondering if this feature could be added to the app so it can be done in the field rather than double handling the data to enter on a computer later. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@gpringle I see the data entry format has changed a little with the updates, so I just tried on my app and it let me do an entry where I put in the bait type that was formerly in the station and then an “added” weight of 0g on the slider. Does that work on your app?

1 Like

Hi Cristina, I don’t seem to be seeing that format and have checked for updates, would you be able to share a screenshot of what your phone looks like?

@gpringle I’m seeing the same record format as on the how-to video here - if you go forward to 1:50 on the timer, that’s what I see, except that the bait-added slider doesn’t show up till I’ve added a bait type etc.

@lenore-admin I noticed that the screenshot on the bait station record help page is currently for a DOC200 trap rather than a bait station - could you ask whoever updates the help pages to swap it out? The video is up to date as far as I could see, except for a few auto-subtitle inaccuracies like “entities” instead of “quantities”.

@christina.g it has been changed.

1 Like

I certainly agree that it is important to be able to record no bait added in the App but haven’t experienced a problem.
I used the App on my iphone 12 last Sunday and left the “Bait added” slider at 0 at several bait stations and they are correct on the website. I don’t think that I’ve updated the App (currently V 6.4.12) since then.
I have a number of bait stations which don’t see much bait taken. The bait in them generally needs replacement due to deterioration before running out. Apart of wasting bait I know that there is inaccuracy in my estimation of the bait remaining and the cumulative amount of bait taken over a number of visits is more accurate if I don’t top up each time.