Can we trust the numbers?

Hi all, and devs in particular :slight_smile:
I’m really confused by the data showing in the desktop site compared to the app. I’d like to retrieve stats for grant applications, but even though we serviced all 9 AT220s on a line, and manually added the service and catches to the TrapNZ app, only 5 traps are showing on the desktop summary. There have been several hours of wifi signal for the phone to sync, and it was in mobile data range the whole time too.
I’m now worried that I can’t trust the data I find on the website? Or that I’m not interpreting it correctly? I made sure the time period was more than just today, in case there was some weirdness with the filters, but I’m stumped? Any guidance on where I might be going wrong would be very welcome! Thanks :slight_smile:
Keri

@kaurikeri have you already checked the sync logs on the app to confirm that the data definitely has synced properly? It’s not common but I have experienced records failing to sync even with good wifi signal.
App: Checking the sync logs | Trap.NZ Help & User guides

1 Like

Hey Christina! Thanks for the reply. Yes, you’re right, a huge number of records hadn’t synced. I still find this a bit strange though … they were records going back months and months and were just sporadically missing entries? Any ideas why some records from a day would upload and others not? Or why it would miss earlier data in favour of uploading later data first? Still, something for me to check each time now. Thanks again :slight_smile:

Glad that helped @kaurikeri! If you’re consistently seeing a large proportion of records that don’t sync, like your most recent visit with 4 of 9 records failing to upload, it may be worth checking in with Support to see whether there’s a bug somewhere. The instructions on how to send them your logs for analysis are here: Exporting your Trap.nz service logs | Trap.NZ Help & User guides

@christina.g Thanks, I’ll do that :slight_smile:

1 Like