Display of traps on individual line

Kia ora. I’m an admin to the Picton Dawn Chorus project and I am trying to display trap locations on individual lines. But while I can select the traps for a certain line (under the Traps tab), the display shows all the lines in the projects and not just the one I filtered for re traps. I can’t see and option to set an additional filter for the lines in this view. I can only switch off all the lines. But I’d like to have a certain line plus traps displayed. Is that possible? Nga mihi, Lorna.

Kia ora Lorna,

Unfortunately, all the lines will still show on the map, even when you are filtering installations by line. I’ve let the dev team know that you’d like to see only the line(s) you have filtered for, which I imagine is something that many other users would value too!

Ngā mihi,
The Trap.NZ Team

Thank you, that would be fabulous!
I am still learning my way around so maybe my next question is unwarranted… but am I as a user able to change the labels, e.g. numbers. showing up with the trap locations?
I also wonder whether it would be possible to zoom in/out more smoothly, like in smaller inclements? At the moment it does quite big jumps when you click the +/- button and never quite seem to fit the page/screen in the way to display best. First too small and then in the next zoom step it’s off the screen already. Could the dev team look into that also?
I am trying to produce comprehensive maps from our data in trapnz for our volunteers to use when they walk the traplines. They like to see where the individual traps are on their lines and the number. The current view I am able to produce often looks a bit messy and not suitable for print out. So I am exploring the options :slight_smile:
Thank you for your support,
Lorna (Picton Dawn Chorus).

1 Like

Kia ora Lorna,

If you are the Administrator for the project, then you can change the labels/names of any line or installation in the project. This will update the name project-wide, so all members of the project will see your edits.

We’ll be updating all the maps across the site over the next few months to a much more user-friendly mapping system. I’m pretty sure the current zoom issues you’re experiencing will be solved once this is rolled out!

Ngā mihi,
The Trap.NZ Team

1 Like