Download edited lines to use as shp and/or gpx

Hi, I have just tried downloading all our lines from the TrapNZ website and have converted them from csv to a shapefile. However it seems that all online edits to line shapes/lengths have not downloaded, so some lines are missing. Is there a way to download these other lines? We would like to use them as shp files on our maps and also a selection of them as gpx files to make field navigation easier. Thanks for your help, Natasha

Kia ora Natasha,

Thanks for getting in touch. I’m not sure what you mean by “all online edits to line shapes/lengths have not downloaded”?

Assuming you exported your lines by downloading them as a CSV from the Lines list, it should include all the lines in the project with their current saved shapes. If that is not the case, please email me on support@trap.nz, and include the following information:

• Project name
  • Affected line name(s)
  • Screenshots showing how the lines you’re downloading are different from the current lines on your project

Ngā mihi,
Sarah
(she/her)

Hi @njyamamoto

Note that you can also access lines directly from a map feed (i.e. straight into ArcGIS or QGIS) if that’s what you need. And/or you can download a shapefile via the feeds.

See https://help.trap.nz/books/trapnz-comprehensive-user-guide/chapter/map-feeds

1 Like

Thanks Dan. I didn’t know that was possible. That will be a huge help!

Cheers,
Natasha

Thanks Sarah. I will see if I can get them to work via the map feed as Dan suggests. However you are correct in that some of the current saved line shapes haven’t downloaded - it is all the ones that I edited via the TrapNZ line editor (as opposed to the lines that are a direct gpx upload with no edits). Will be in touch if I can’t get a fix.

Cheers,
Natasha

Hi @dan

That worked perfectly. Will make things a whole lot easier!!

Thanks again,
Natasha