Download layer outside trapping project area -- UNSOLVED

Hi,

on Android, if I go to the area where I have a project, the satellite and topo layers download in usable resolution but, outside that area, the layer never loads fully and stays blurred and blocky.

Is this by design, or is there a way I can request a download of layer data manually?

It doesn’t seem to be a problem on the desktop/web viewer.

Cheers,
Jono

SOLUTION: Project Settings | Map Tile Settings | Refresh map tiles
Layer is downloaded on wifi, hopefully still there in the field.

UPDATE: Looking at the same location a few minutes later, TrapNZ seems to have dumped the downloaded layers and gone back to low res. It would be good to be able to load topo map tiles by topo50 series, maybe as .kmz files.

Hi Jono,

Yes by design. The high-res tiles are downloaded for offline use, and these are only downloaded within the project boundaries.

https://help.trap.nz/books/trapnz-comprehensive-user-guide/page/app-project-settings

Perhaps turn on high-res tiles on demand, but note it will use a lot more data.

Andy

Thanks Andy,

is there a setting for “high-res tiles on demand”.

What I find is that tiles load when wi-fi is available, but are not saved for off-line use, except within the project boundary.

I’ll look at creating a new project for the area where I want to use the data offline, but I don’t want to spam the system. Can I make the project only visible to my own account?

Cheers,
Jono

@jonopoff if you go to the menu of the app, under project settings there is a section where you can change the map tile settings.

Thanks lenore-admin

under Project Settings | Map Tile Settings I can see three operations:

• Refresh map tiles
  • Set limit
  • Synchronise Project

I set the limit to 1000MB, but online data still isn’t saved.

Is it ok for me to create my own project, just for saving map tiles? I’m not sure if this impacts on other users.

Cheers,
Jono

under Project Settings | Map Tile Settings I can see three operations:

• Refresh map tiles
  • Set limit
  • Synchronise Project

Try under Menu > Settings > Map

I set the limit to 1000MB, but online data still isn’t saved.

Doing this simply increases the level of resolution within the boundaries, it doesn’t increase the area size.

Is it ok for me to create my own project, just for saving map tiles? I’m not sure if this impacts on other users.

Yes absolutely, or simply increase the size, or add other areas to your existing project.

Sing out if you need assistance with that.

Thanks Andy,

I’ll do some experimenting.

Cheers,
Jono