Fur shredded off Possums caught in Trapinator Traps

They’re out of season now, but I’ve found that possums are very fond of feijoas. I keep a good supply in the fridge. Once the fruiting stops, put relatively small, under-ripe feijoas in your traps/cages because they’re easier to skewer than a ripe one. The possums are still in feijoa mode, so the odds of getting them are high. I’ve even trapped a few rabbits in Timms baited with feijoas, so feijoas might be a good way of catching them in cages, if you have too many of them. I’d use them all year if I could get the damn things to freeze properly, but they turn to mush.

Using gloves, collect the fur. Stoats and weasels often line their dens with possum fur. Rats are also fond of it, and clumps of fresh wool are also good at attracting nest/den builders. Putting a real or fake egg on top of a pile of fur or wool is a good addition.

Hi Lawrence
I think that was recorded on a Jaycar 1080p camera. They’re a decent camera for the price and local. I have a bunch of Victure cameras too, I like that the Jaycar camera uses 940nm LEDs which isn’t so distracting to the larger predators. The 850nm LEDs can make cats and possums a little nervous.
Cam

…agree it’s probably another possum, sometimes hawks will have a go, but they will try to take meat off. we sometimes will leave a possum in a trap if trying to locate a feral cat, they will break the rib cage, eat the organs and leave the rest if they’re not hungry.

Wouldn’t have believed it -