Moving traps to new location

Hi,

I’ve set up four traps but I can see on the map that the GPS location is off for two of the traps so I want to move them. I can’t see how to move them in the Android app or on the website. Any tips?

cheers
Nick

1 Like

Ah ha! Have worked out how to do it via the web. Select the trap, select the Edit tab, add a new ‘feature’ to the map and it moves the trap location.

1 Like

Nice one Nick - yes the easiest way is to simply click on the new location.

I cant for the life of me work out how to do this. When I’m in the edit tab i don’t have the option to add a new feature and if i click on the map nothing happens. I have recently moved many bait stations to optimise a line but find once the data has been synced I don’t have the option to edit the location (unless i add coordinates manually). Im using windows 7 . Could that be the problem?

I don’t see the Add New Feature option either, but if you go to the Edit tab on the trap, you can then use the map buttons to move the trap. To do this select the ‘Draw a Point’ button on the map itself (looks like a dot) and mark where you want to new trap location to be. Once you have done this you will see a message which basically says you can only have the trap in one location, so do you wish to move it? It doesn’t use that terminology though. When you press the Save button, the trap will be moved. It would be nice if the traps could simply be dragged to a new location or somehow use the current location on the mobile app to relocate it. I move 6 of my traps every few days, so I might not bother with the location feature as it doesn’t have a lot of value for me when i can just mark them physically.

1 Like