New Basemap of "Hybrid"

Can we please have a new Basemap display of Hybrid where the Streets features are overlaid on top of the Satellite picture (similar to the Google Maps option).

We have a plentiful network of tracks within our camp valley, which are now all part of the Streets map.

However, some of our team prefer to use the Satellite picture, but want the track network to appear on it. The result is we are setting up the trap lines not as trap lines, but as tracks. An example is a single loop trap clearing walk required using 7 different “trap lines” in TrapNZ.

Ideally we should be entering TrapNZ trap lines as trap lines only, and have them sitting over the top of the tracks. We need to keep our trap lines logistically true and therefore simple to follow on the ground and enter data in the app, but at the same time see the network of tracks we are using/passing/need to exit quickly from. Of course this works perfectly in Streets view, but for those who want to use the satellite picture, there’s no equivalent option, so introducing a hybrid base map would be ideal. I’d hope this isn’t a big feature request as it’s pretty much standard functionality elsewhere in the mapping world.

Thanks
Grant

Hey Grant,

How do you overlay them on Google Maps?

I must be out of date on Google, I’m sure it used to be called hybrid and you had an option to overlay street data on the satellite pic, now it seems it’s automatically on.

However Apple Maps still has the hybrid/combination as a switchable options. See screenshots.

And Google, which is looks like the blend is permamant and no longer an option.

What we have at the moment are layers, some of which can turn on and off

Basemap (sat or streets)
Trap NZ Lines
Trap NZ traps
Trap NZ bait etc

What would be good to have is
Basedmap (sat)
Streets (with only specific features enabled by the rendering software, eg roads, tracks, maybe streams which are often hidden in sat pics).
Trap NZ Lines
Trap NZ traps
Trap NZ bait etc

Cheers
Grant