New trap record field needed for gas/battery replace date and battery level

We run an extensive network of automated traps - 150 AT220s and 420 A24s. Key to successful use of these traps is establishing a gas / battery replacement cycle. We need a new trap record field which is gas/battery refresh date. That field needs to contribute to a report which shows days since last gas/battery update… essentially a repurposing of the existing ‘date last checked’ report.

We’re beginning some work to prototype a new type of Celium node that will integrate with an AT220 trap to report on battery level. It would be fantastic if there was a battery level field in Trap.NZ that could record this information.

Beyond that, in the same way that sensor traps have their own symbol, it would be really useful if automated traps had their own designation / symbol.

Thanks for listening!

Kia ora David,

The first request is a common one and is already being road mapped for development.

We might need some specifics for the second one. The sensor data received by Trap.nz contains battery status and is already reported on in the trap sensor report. I suspect you’re wanting this reported in other ways?

Andy

Sorry Andy, I missed this reply back in August… and it hasn’t been urgent since our Celium / AT220 hookup has been delayed.

Thanks for pointing me at the sensor report - that’s useful. But to be clear, the battery level being reported in there is the node battery level - that’s the battery that powers the node.

What we’re after is the reporting of the AT220 battery level. That’s really important because the AT220 can enter a dangerous state if a battery dies… the trap is set but without power, there’s no way of triggering it. So, we need to monitor the battery level to be able to predict when we’ll need to replace the battery (the battery life varies based on kill rates). Ideally, being able to graph over time would be fantastic.

Eventually, we’ll have our Celium nodes transmit the AT220 battery state (and various other parameters) at every ‘supervision’ report… meanwhile, we use the AT220 wi-fi to record the AT220 battery level manually.

I hope that helps. Cheers David