Rats before I created my account and project

Kia Ora,

We rented a house on Larsen Street, Cape Foulwind a fortnight ago and there was evidence of a rat in the water heater closet. I baited a “T Rex” rat trap, and over the past weeks I’ve removed ten ship rats.

I went to the DOC office in Westport two days ago and obtained two DOC 150 dual traps and set them outside. I haven’t checked them yet this morning.

I’m curious if I should add the “T Rex” trap to the project and report the prior ten kills.

Kia ora,

Thanks for getting in touch. Yes I think it’d a good idea to add the T-Rex trap to your project and log the kills you made with it. If you’re not using it anymore, you can retire it (so it won’t show up on your project map, but you can still see and report on the records from it), or perhaps leave it set up in your water heater closet in case more come inside!

Ngā mihi,

Sarah (she/her)
Trap.NZ Support Team

Thanks Sarah!

I added the T-Rex Trap (I really like the trap) and recorded the 10 kills… I still have the trap set in the closet…

I’m planning on getting the entire neighborhood on board setting traps. I’ll gladly install and monitor them if they aren’t interested.

FYI: I checked the two DOC 150 double traps that I installed two days ago but haven’t caught anything yet. I know rats are wary of “new things” and I’ll be patient waiting a few more days before I expect to catch some.