Sourcing taxidermised pests for educational purposes

Pest Free Upper Hutt has a taxidermised possum, stoat and rat that we use alongside other education material at community fairs and in schools.
Our ‘models’ are almost past their used by date, with the possum looking like its had an orange tint applied to its fur at a hair tinting session that’s gone wrong, the stoat is probably the best looking of the three but has lost its teeth and doesn’[t look fierce anymore, and the rat, well it looks emaciated - it’s ages since I’ve seen let alone caught one that looks so old and thin.
Does anyone have taxidermised pests to loan, gift, or sell at a resonable price - as a group we operate on ‘the smell of an oily rag’, as the saying goes!

1 Like

@sylvanway good luck finding replacements! I can see a website for someone in Wellington who does tuition - perhaps they might have specimens to lend? I can also see a New Zealand Taxidermy Association. Alternatively, if your group is able to provide nice fresh pest animals for budding taxidermists to practice on, maybe you’d get a discount?