Toggle line labels on map

Is it possible to switch off the name of a trap line on the map? It is annoying to have lots of the same line name obscuring trap numbers.
Peter Wood

Kia ora Peter,

Thanks for getting in touch. At the moment it’s not possible to turn off line labels - but you can toggle Project Line visibility from the Layers menu in the top right corner of the map on the website. This will hide the lines and the labels on your map.

I’ve converted your forum post into a feature request, as other folks might also want the same thing :slight_smile:

Ngā mihi,
Sarah
(she/her)

Thanks Sarah. I know the map toggles. Rotorua U3A manages the Blue Lakes Walking Track line for Whakarewarewa Pest Free. We have ~8km divided into 11 sections worked weekly by ~40 members (our average age is up in the 70s - we like to have 2 people each inspection) 183 traps/boxes 69 doubled with rat+mouse traps. If you can see the SW corner of the lake there are numerous trap locations so the lines are needed to make obvious where the sections connect. However the lines here are roughly EW oriented so the Blue Lake Walking Tracks labels often obscure trap numbers. It would be nice to have just lines and trap numbers.

Kia ora,

I see what you mean, I’ll pass this on to the dev team and see what they can do :slight_smile:

Ngā mihi,
Sarah
(she/her)

Thanks Sarah - I can get by but it would be good to have the toggle option
Peter

Perhaps two toggle switches on the opening-page map - one for line labels and one for trap/bait station/tunnel labels. The map of our project without labels should be helpful to show the coverage of all our installations, but with labelso on is just not useful.