Enhancements have been made to the camera image upload functions and image recognition process. In particular:
- Larger image sets can be handled at a time (10k or more)
- Better detection of duplicates (i.e. already uploaded images)
- Faster AI detection
- Fix to granularity of date stamps
- Ability to submit or re-submit images for software recognition after upload
- Separate recording of machine vs human tags
The image recognition model is provided by Manaaki Whenua – Landcare Research. Work continues on improving the model.