Trap identifiers incorrect in map

I have noticed this a few times now.

Here’s a picture of our traps around our house and you can see the label of the one in the top left, and the one in the bottom right.

But when I click the top left trap (name=“111” you can see the trap label is incorrect. And clicking it takes me to the wrong trap screen. It goes to the “110 - DOC 200” one.

Kia ora,

Thanks for letting us know! Unfortunately, none of the team are able to replicate this issue on their machines, and it sounds like this doesn’t always happen for you either. Do you have any idea what you might have done immediately prior that might have caused this bug?

We’ll be replacing all the maps throughout the site over the next few months, so if we don’t figure out this bug, hopefully the new maps will solve it eventually!

Ngā mihi,
The Trap.NZ Team

I did it again just now. I think it’s an issue in the trap with records report mainly. I went to our project, looked at my trap no.s - all ok.

I go to that report, click on a few traps and it comes up with the wrong no. after a few clicks.

We believe this issue is fixed. It is likely that the mapping tools will change soon in any case.

Yeah nah, the fault is still there, although not as bad/frequent.

But it’s not a big deal. Good that a new mapping tool is coming.

@lenore-admin This issue is still not resolved. Nearly 2 years now… I find this quite frustrating.

I have this with both traps and bait stations.

Kia ora @davidnblake36 I’m going to send this through to the developers

Yeah it’s different all the time. It seems to hook onto a label and then no matter what you click on, that label comes up.

It can be anywhere on the map, and the label that gets ‘sticky’ is different too.

It isn’t showing for me anymore, so can you tell us what browser you are using and are you using a mac / windows or using a tablet?

I’m using Chrome.

This is a new laptop. Windows 11.

It did the same thing on my last laptop. Windows 10.

And yes, it comes and goes. But it’s there 3/4 of the time for me.

I just tried it again. In the old traps view, did 3 clicks then got the problem.

@davidnblake36 they’re having problems replicating this bug. Can you please send through to support@trap.nz step by step what you do to get to each time it occurs, we’re wondering if it may be a sequence issue

Ok, when I get time. It’s so easy to replicate. I can’t understand why you guys can’t see it.

Are you using the project I’m using? South Titirangi Neighbourhood Network.

Ok, so what it turned out to be was: I’m using DuckDuckGo as my search engine on my PC. And that has an extension which does various things. Turning off the extension stops the problem. Turning it back on recreates the problem. So it’s clearly that.

1 Like