Project: Pauatahanui Wildlife Reserve
Line 1: South Line, Along south side of Pauatahanui Stream.
Line 2 : Central line from entrance to PWR - around Picnic Pond and out toward Estuary Hide
Over time traps have been moved and their location has not been updated in trap.nz As some trappers are now using the App, Walk Line function I attempted to update trap locations using the app. Specifically for Line 1 and Line 2. Some traps are supplementary, eg Some DOC boxes have mice traps in them so the mice traps are defined as supplementary. I used the Walk Line option and as I got to a trap that was no longer at the GPS site recorded in trap.nz I edited the trap and used the Move trap function. Using the app to move the traps looked successful. When the move was confirmed the main trap and supplemental appeared to move correctly. However after saving the Lines I saw in the App’s map that the Supplemental traps were back in their old location. So i decided to stop moving traps and to check the supplemental maps locations using the Web app. Here I found an even bigger problem than I thought, In the case of Line one none of the supplemental traps appear on the map or in trap.nz for that matter and are no longer associated with the main trap. Not only that but all data apart from todays has disappeared. In the case of Line 2, apart from the supplemental traps not moving to the new location these still appear in the web app and all data is still present.
- How can the supplemental traps be moved to the correct locations
and MORE importantly
- How can the data be recovered for Line 1 and associate the missing supplemental traps back to the main traps.