Victor mouse trap

Kia ora,
I’d like to replace the wood/metal Victor mouse trap I was supplied with - the original one is too rusted and mice can eat the bait without tripping it.
I can’t find any place that sells these online. I see that www.nopests.co.nz sells a plastic model, but I’d like to get a wooden one if possible.
Can anyone advise?
Thanks,
Robert

Have you tried Mitre 10?

If you are only looking for just one then I am sure Mitre 10 etc is the best option. But here are a few options if you want to expand your trapping activity.

BTW do you use a wooden tunnel? In my experience (and I am sure many others) this significantly increases the catch rate.

1 Like

Thanks! The Mitre 10 website was down at the point you replied, but finally got round to checking it now. Looks like https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/easytrap-wooden-mouse-trap-2pk/p/201364 is the nearest to the Victor mouse trap I have. Will give it a try.

1 Like

Oops, my bad. Didn’t notice you were looking for ‘mouse’ rather than rat Victor traps. BTW I have caught a fair proportion of mice in Victor rat traps - I set the traps so that they are very sensitive. The length of the Victor trap isn’t ideal but in most cases there is a clean kill. Best of luck!

1 Like

A bit late for this forum but do not buy those cheap traps. They will work but will fall apart after being outside of being reset a few times.
I would have suggested to buy victors like you had originally. I brought mine off Carol. She does a good deal on 12 packs. Go to www.deadrat.co.nz
If your targeting mice then you need allot of traps otherwise you will keep being reinvaded.
Sometimes you need to set a few of them all in the same trapping tunnel so you get a better kill rate.

1 Like

It is likely that this has been covered in other postings, but since we have a Victor subject matter – I will throw in some thoughts –
The best trap retailer I know of is Carol Johnston at DeadRat.co.nz – great prices and will work long hours to get orders dispatched – she is very generous and has given me many traps to trial for her – once a box of twenty Victor mouse traps for our street residents to trial – they were very successful - I always have a few set around my garage and one adjacent to the freezer motor compartment. Mice like to find somewhere warm as winter gets closer – across the terminals at the freezer can be a pest!.
I like Victor pro traps – been using them for twenty years with just a few black thumb nails – don’t underestimate their ability to catch mice – one – two or even three at a time – rats, hedgehogs, weasels and stoats hate them!
If you would like to give the Victor Pro a longer life – soak it (or them) in boiled linseed oil for 12 to 24 hours – chop the top out of a plastic 2 litre milk container and stand about 5 traps in the oil – they soak up a bit of oil so the wood will last for years longer. The steel eventually gets rusty but it is easy to tidy up with a wire brush and then apply some Prolan lubricant - Prolan Aerosol Orange - Enduro

I agree with mindie. I have had success with these. I was buying them in bulk form the USA so good to see they are available here. Good idea to use the linseed oil as it adds to their allure.

1 Like