Recording bait take by Kgs - continued

this thread on the forum is clearly important to baiters.
please can we have consistency between the mobiile app and the website?
It seems as though baiters prefer number of blocks than amount of active ingredient - it is number of blocks they order and (probably) number of bait blocks eaten that they report.
Thanks

Hi Jo,

Are you requesting the website work the same way the app works? I.e. preset bait configurations?

Andy

Hi Andy

I’m asking for several changes, but yes please! In our project we have baiters using mobile phones and others using the website, in the same set of lines. Hence we want the data to be collected the same.

Especially, for baits that are in blocks. Baiters want to enter block counts, not to have to calculate the amount of active formulation. The database could easily calculate the amount of active bait, for both website and mobile data collection.

And it only invites data entry errors if we repeat standard or consistent info (eg bait, trap-type) every time when we all source and use the same bait and the same stations.

Further, for data entry on the website, a table of all stations in a line for a visit would be easier than entering each station separately, and considerably faster.

Many thanks for asking and following-up,

jo

That all makes sense. I’m not sure when we’ll start on it but the changes you are suggesting have been in the pipeline for a while, hopefully not too far away.

Hi Andy

This is driving us bananas! Lots of errors are coming in by users putting the decimal in the wrong place &/or incorrect number of leading zeros when using the website. And when it lists the data, the box sizes are wonky, so eg the name of the formulation, which seldom needs editing, shows in full in a long box, but the amount of bait shows in a tiny box that you cannot even see the decimal & all the digits we’ve had to enter. So that box is too small.

It is crazy to have to enter “.028” when we put “1” bait block into a bait station, & it’s error prone.

If we had a choice as to which units to use for data entry, and then when we made a report, could choose the units to use, that would be better.
But at least, as soon as possible please, allow baiters to enter block counts, not have to calculate the amount.

Thanks,
Jo

Morning Jo,

Totally agree. I’ll keep you posted.

Andy