Remote monitoring of live capture traps delay-

Hi There

Im not sure if this is just me or if it is the app itself. Can you please le me know the refresh rate of which trap NZ takes in remote monitoring data and then publishes it on its app. From looking at our network, your app seems to refresh itself every 4 to 6 hours, is this correct?
I also use a collector app which is instant. Trap NZ NEEDS to have these as instant feeds otherwise if we use it solely for remote monitoring then we are going to breach the animal welfare act. This needs to be sorted ASAP and I’m happy to talk further about this.

Kia ora,

It’s meant to be updating every 10 minutes, but there has been high demand lately and the updates have been failing often. We’re currently working on getting this fixed asap!

We do have instant updates in the pipeline, but unsure on the timeframe for that at the moment.

Hi @Cgiblin

Just to add to Sarah’s note - the delay issue has been addressed now and updates (assuming the app is online) should come through within 10mins max. There is further work planned over the next few months to implement a more direct push mechanism to allow for instantaneous updates.

Dan

For reference it was ONLY the notification system at fault here, the sensor status data is/was always available (via the app and the website.)

The notification service should never be relied upon solely as it relies on outside services (email,) notifications being enabled in the device, etc. Most important though is it won’t tell you if a sensor isn’t responding. For live capture always check the sensor list.

We also use sensors, and solely for live capture. For our projects every sensor is assigned to multiple people and we manually check the sensor list via the app or web each morning.

Further the sensors will send a heartbeat periodically, this is defined by the sensor provider, but every four hours seems common. The app and website should update within 10 minutes of a heartbeat or sprung/set event. The planned work is to make this much closer to a real time status change. The main benefit of that will be for testing coverage.